Customer name: Toshiba El Araby
Industry: Manufacturing and Commercial sector
Project Name: SAP Business Intelligence Solution
El Araby is running a company-wide SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution with a huge throughput of indicative data daily. To optimize this data and expand the benefits from the solution, the business needed to gain advanced analytics and reporting with more visually compelling operational dashboards to support the decision-making process in a more timely and informed manner. In addition to data optimization, El Araby needed to address other common business challenges such as improving profitability and competitiveness, reducing costs, improving workforce productivity and effectiveness, as well as allowing employees to use efficient and tangible solutions to facilitate optimal business operations.
Project Solution Description:
The optimal choice to achieve the desired objectives and address existing and future challenges was to implement SAP Business Intelligence solution. Intercom Enterprises, being the trusted consultant and service provider for Toshiba El Araby and other numerous reputable corporations along with its team of expert and consultants started to assess the project’s technical aspects and then developed a project plan capable of supporting El Araby’s aggressive deployment schedule.
Intercom’s solution covered the implementation of; SAP Business Warehouse Info Cubes on top of SAP ERP, a set of analytical reports, another set of detailed operational reports spanning both the sales and the production organizations, in addition to self-service capabilities.
The reaped benefits of the deployed solution were:
- An optimized licensing; measure the Active / Inactive / Concurrent Users.
- A scaled up BI servers; Jobs running, failing, average report execution time.
- An optimized environment; out-of-date content cleansed to track most used and unused reports.
- Ability to measure system usage; analyze and segment the users’ base depending on their activity, identify reports they interact with and the tools they use.
- Minimized impact of changes; execute impact analysis of changes to universe and reports and identify reports with lost references.